There are some warning signs that will alert you that you may have a bed bug infestation:
1. A line of red and raised lumps may be a sign of bed bug bites, especially if they are on your shoulders or arms. These lumps are usually very itchy, although some victims don’t experience itching. Some people experience a severe allergic reaction to the bites, which presents itself in the form of eczema. Do you want to learn more? Visit pest.
2. Small rusty brown marks on the bedding or mattress may be a sign of insect excrement.
3. Small red marks could be spots of your blood left by the parasite.
A few simple steps may help you avoid a bed bug infestation:
1. When you return home after staying in a hotel or motel, carefully unpack your luggage. Wash all of your clothes immediately and vacuum the interior of your suitcase. Bed bugs can get into your case in a hotel room, lay their eggs, and then hitch a ride back to your house!
2. Thoroughly clean any second hand goods that you bring into your house as the insects often lay their eggs inside old furniture. Old upholstered furniture, beds, and soft furnishings are a particular favourite.
3. The use of a mattress cover may prevent the parasites from setting up home in your mattress. A mattress that is damaged and split makes a perfect place for the insects to breed.
Recognizing the warning signs should help you deal with a bed bug infestation quickly before it gets out of hand, but taking a few precautions may prevent it happening in the first place.